Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Art with Teen

I just now am realising that I am actually starting what I had considered when I first thought of doing the weekly journal. My plan was if I had enough to make a "story or layout" I would do one picture for the week and then make a separate book with the more intensive date pictures. Of course, I don't expect too many, but this one certainly pertains. Only my youngest would decide to figure alternatives when she can't find something she needs immediately. She got picked on after by the oldest because "did everyone forget the semester I was an art major?" and didn't check if he had what she needed. That was his only semester where he was not a computer major. He does want to keep doing it as a hobby once he has room. Currently, his room is taken over by computer and tech stuff. My room doubles as her and my craft room. It is also the SMALLEST room in the house. I am including the bathroom. Oh joys of single wide mobile home.
But, it took a while for us to get him to take us to the store to get the pizza stuff. By then, she was done with her painting for the weekend. Instead of just washing the acrylics off of her hand, she decides that this is the perfect time to make her hand look frostbitten AND burnt. It came out pretty good. She got some looks at the store but she was proud of it until she got the paint to crack too much at her knuckles.

Here is the layout I made of the day. On the left, her hand is the final look. On the right, her hand was being the palette. There is a small photo in the middle of her doing the painting. I also got her to make the "doilies" behind the photos. I chose blue and red in the background because of her hand. I was trying to get contrast with the blue in the photo, not noticing that the red then blended into the scrapbook album. I remembered to date the layout surprisingly! I did writing both by hand and over the computer. You can't tell, but there are white triangles along the top and left bottom of the red rectangle. I added them while I was cutting the red and blue chevrons. Made those by cutting the outer border of the arrows on the dollar tree sticker sheet. So, I had leftover triangles and decided to use them instead of scrap them.

So, I'm submitting this to Sketches in Thyme. I saw it and thought of her hand. I started with one idea with the pictures, but trying to fit as many pictures on one sheet of paper changed it. Especially when I said it would be one size and the final print was larger. So, I ended up this way. Upside, I figured how to glue over the gold! Use a napkin doily. Mwahahaha. But, I also used a bit of paper from a 2019 calendar by Amy Brown I have. I didn't do as much of the embellishing because it felt so busy already with the arrows and chevrons. Add in the pattern of the one side and my mind was saying this is enough. The title is just as playful using Dollar General stickers. I have most of the book left, yet don't really find much to use them in. 
Hope everyone is doing well. I still have a couple layouts to finish for challenges and to post the another with no challenges that I made. I enjoy getting these up and done.

1 comment:

  1. Fun page! Love your take on the sketch and those doilies are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.