Thursday, January 2, 2020

Third Grandma layout

I hope everyone's New Year's went well. Mine was quiet. Just a few texts at midnight. I made the oldest do one of the things we did last year, play "How Bad Can We Confuse Alexa?" to our amusement. Pretty close to a normal night. Not sure how next New Year's will play out. 
So, I am plugging away at the photos from the book. This one actually was of the two exchange students we had for a bit and me. The one in the middle would leave less than a week after the picture was taken and the other decided to change families by the end of the year. Those two were quite similar and I was definitely the misfit. But, it was a little interesting. Confirmed early the max I could live with a stranger was one month. Luckily, my boyfriend isn't a stranger and we've been together long enough when we move in together, we know our quirks. Yes, I know his living quirks since I've known him so long. Kinda hard not to when a couple years had us poking in and out of each other's places. 

So, this layout actually has no challenges to it. Prettygood then to just let me look and decide what I think it needs and not more. So, I put the date in purple pen, but our names and countries of origin in white. I used a strip of navy blue cardstock cut in half to frame the lavender paper. I added a few stars on there, which came from Dollar Tree, along with the other stickers. The border for the picture came from the same paper pad as the lavender and was the scraps I had saved on a still needing to be finished layout page. I also cut a from a strip sheet to make the title for the page. This was a quick page to throw together and made me content to do.
Advice? Oh, and there may be food pics coming up for two reasons. I'm still fighting depression and so have bad eating days. I am in a slight lift that has me cooking a little and packing as much away into meal servings as possible. Therefore on bad days, I can simply grab one and microwave it and not feel like crap or not eat because I don't have the energy to try to cook. The other reason is also a bit depression fighting. But, I am going to have at least one pic of a meal in the week in review. I'm doing those pages as 8.5×11 since I have a cheap binder and a bunch of page protectors I could use. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.