Friday, January 24, 2020

We have Practice?!?

First things first. I HAVE A JOB! Ok. We may now go back to our regularly scheduled attitudes. I got called about it and went in. Immediately, my mind went, yes please say yes. So, I start this coming week. One last piece of paperwork and we are all good. Can you tell I'm still so happy to have work again?
I finally got the layout I've been waiting to do finished. The reason why I was waiting so long was because I am running low on white cardstock and needed it for this background. I did not like the look of the photo collage (all four games put together) on any of my patterned paper, especially with how I wanted to do the side. And I am so glad with how it turned out. I actually got the final layout to look like my brain pictured it.


So, I wrote the majority of the story to this layout on there. But, one of the kids texted a confused We have Practice to everyone else when the three of them were at the alley, which had them cracking up. They then discussed how many times that week it had already been brought up. Luckily, it was voluntary to be there. The first game, all three started out with the same first frame. The second, their first frame was one different from person to person. The youngest was only upset that there was one working can vending machine and pretty much all the flavors were sold out. The bar area was closed, so we couldn't get her a soda from there.
The layout was pretty simple. I pulled a free clip art of the bowling lane, pins, and ball. Each of them I cut out, popping a couple pins and the ball with my foam. The semi circle I made in draw and then wrote in the event info. I used puffy stickers from the dollar tree and one from dollar general. The rest of the items were all fussy cut from different papers, calendar, and Biggby coffee flyer in the mail. The longest part in this was figuring out where to have each pin fly. The one at the bottom showed up there because that cluster just felt incomplete.

This is the last of the sketches in thyme I am submitting to this month. It actually was the first one they put out for the month! I've been sitting on it the entire time. After that practice, I knew that this would be the one to do it. And since the kids provided the perfect title.... No, I didn't see the name of the kid who sent it. 
I will be keeping up with all of this with work, but I may actually do a couple less just because I'm not sure of the availability I will give myself during the week. I still have to provide time to get my weekly journal done along with everything else. That is the priority right now only because it is part of my mental health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.