Sunday, January 5, 2020

Weekly Journal

Rule one for manga in this house: Read the last page first! Just kidding. But, as you will see below, I added the list of topics for a reading challenge. I have a reading partner for this. My youngest discovered it and saw it as a reason to finish more books. She handed me her one manga for the series prompt. Approximately one book a week should be manageable.
So, I thought when I first was looking at forms of scrapbooking that the whole Project Life format looked interesting. But, that rabbit hole started to panic me when I saw how people were going about how much work it was and how quickly they were falling behind on it. That made me decide not to go that route. But, I really liked the idea of documenting overviews of every week with scrapbooking. So, I wasn't sure how to go about it. In the end, I realised that I am really liking making different layouts and can use them to do the documenting. So, with a basic binder and sheet protectors, I'm off. Now, I get to make layouts in two different sizes! At least this one is completely for my use. I will use it at times for challenges, but more just to get the good things from each day in the specific week.

In the layout, I used part of a patterned paper from one of the pads from Michael's. I lined the bottom with part of a planner banner sticker from Dollar General. The week was printed out on my computer with a free font I picked up. Yes, I love finding fonts to use that are not the basic ones from the respective programs/OS. The main paper was the remainder of the watercolor paper I used to make the background on the previous layout. I liked how it looked and fit with the snowflakes. The white on the gray background for the images is actually from when I cut out a page of hexagons. I still have a couple more sections of it I have plans to use on larger layouts. The art in the background of the bottom picture was done by my oldest. All three are artistic.


I'm submitting the layout to the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge because it gave me the inspiration to start. It was funny my mind was arguing about how to start as in should I just go Day 1-7 or add in the end of the previous year. Honestly, I wanted to have this as just this year. Seeing the sketch, my mind immediately said this would make it work. Three rows for pictures means a full week wouldn't work. But, I could do it for a partial week to document. If not for them, I don't think I would have started. So, thank you ladies.

I thought I'd show the entire week. This is the sketch layout with a companion page just having some extra documentation of things about the week. I put a picture of the book I'm working on first along with the list. I also put the goals I have that I see are achievable. I tied the pages together by using a scrap of the snowflake paper in the corner and the rest of the banner strip on top. Just for why I used that paper. We had snow New Year's Day and no way would I take a picture of that. So, what type of journaling do you do, if any?

2 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! I love that you made it into a layout! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh - a journal page! Came out awesome! You are so right, it's so good to record the good stuff! Funny how the simple things we take time for that require our skills give us pleasure when we create them and later on too. Keep creating & thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.