Friday, January 3, 2020

Is there such a thing as too much at once?

Ok, and we're off. First, getting some Heidi Swapp ribbon for a dollar is a good deal, right? It looks like a little got used, buy not much. I see it as more supplies. I was hoping to find watercolor paper, but nope. Going to cut down some other paper to get the right size and also be able to do decorating on the paper itself. I'm doing a weekly photo journal to see the things that are good or make me happy. I'm also putting writing in it with lists. At least I have a cute binder for it. I've never been good with journals before, but hoping if I spend the week taking the pictures and setting the page in general together that I will keep it up.
I am currently doing well on the photo book. I realised something though. You know how scrapbooks come with so many protectors in them? Well, the way I am going, I will be filling a whole one of those with layouts. Where there is a story from the pictures, I am writing it out. But, I realise that there are some pictures I have no recollection of or else who everyone is. Thinking of an upcoming layout and asking for information now. Is it common to find scrapbook papers for St Patrick's Day with just four leaf clovers? If not, I may have to look for paper on a certain organization site and hope for the best. At least I'm not asking for FFA papers. Laughs nervously.
I have discovered the girls' chalk pastels. Hmmm, what can I do with them? Why did I discover them? Caution Will Robinson! The background of this layout is what happens when I go looking for one thing (watercolor paints that have disappeared) and open a drawer that has been closed a while. No, I did not find the watercolor paints. I'm still looking for them. But, finding these got me to looking online on using them. I have discovered something I like the look of for backgrounds. Still want to try watercolor backgrounds, but still.
So, I just told about the top part of the background. I used scraps from making the layout to go under the main image and to border the journaling. For some reason, I wanted to put the striped paper in as many variations as possible. The bottom half of the background came from a Halloween stamp set I got at Michael's at the end of the season for $1.00! All my patterned papers came from different paper pads from Michael's. The striped was from a Halloween 8×8 pack no less. Of course, all of my stickers came from the dollar store. And I only half fussy cut one sticker so the black stripe wouldn'tbe hidden. But, guess what I remembered? I used some of my Tim Holtz rub ons. 

Once again, this was made for the sketch challenge for Stick It Down. I wasn't sure if I was going to do it or not, but I just thought it was cute. So, off I went. I really was inspired to use the striped paper due to sketch. I had a hard time though trying to figure out paper because I just was not impressed with what I had and the picture. Building the framing of the pictures was easy and fun though. I even popped the one quadrilateral and the other half of the other photo with foam. I'm learning to play because of these. I just want to say thanks for these.
Like always, constructive criticism is so welcome. One last question. Do people like having conversations in the comments? I just don't know if someone would respond if I was to. This is me trying to be social.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely layout. Love the backgroud. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty layout! Great job on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab layout. I love the bold stripes.
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down - hope to see you again next month
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful and classic layout! I love the contrast the black-and-white paper gives! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.