Saturday, January 18, 2020

Watercolor insanity

So, I finally got a hand on the watercolors. I thought the girls just had the simple ones that one gets in a row. Nope, they had the tubes and pencils. So, I finished up some layouts. I have so much more respect for people who do this all the time. It was very time consuming and then dealing with the color drying out were learning experiences. The majority were just splatters, but one wasn't. So, the next few layouts will have that element added. On the other hand, I see myself doing more with this stuff with layouts. More options as I explore. I may have to see if I can pick up an inexpensive set of watercolor tubes and pencils for myself.
The youngest had asked before about painting with acrylic on the bunk bed which I use as loft storage. She is working on the whole thing now. Apparently, this is a piece for me to keep permanently. I have a feeling she will change her mind. But, the first pole is done in a galaxy theme. It is pretty. I took pictures as she was doing it and am planning on scrapbooking it. She is planning a sunrise with butterflies along the top. I'm wondering what else she has planned for the other sections. My other concern is when she does the rest and keeping the wall clean. For all the oldest plans on being here a long time now, there still is the issue of pain on the walls. Of course, if we could paint the walls and then go back to the original color before they left, I would do that. I would love to have either a soft blue or light olive green. Oooh, stripes of both would be really nice.


 So, this layout is the first in a personal scrapbook that I am planning on making of my partner and me. This is the promised of our first trip together. I think I mentioned it in another entry. But, this was our overnight to Fort Knox, Kentucky to get his medical records. I didn't take many pictures and regret one set. They had gorgeous snowflake lights on the lightpoles on base. I just felt so guilty over being there and I can't explain why. It IS a beautiful place though.
For the layout, I started with plain white cardstock as the background. I used papers from all my paper pads (the Michaels ones in Brewtiful Day, Gilded Berry, North Pole News, and Floral Romance). The two word items came from my Celestial Seasonings tea box. I did stitching with DMC thread (I also have Coates, which I use in a future layout), which is annoying to me, but I seem to be doing much more of coming up. I used Dollar Tree stickers for the title. Pastels have reappeared for the rainbow on opposite corners. I once again did the paper to paper coloring. I'm sure there is a technical name, but I don't know it. The watercolor splatters were in Yellow Ochre, Vermilion, and Veridian. I added a snowflake gem for both the fact that it snowed, which made us leave early, and the lights on base.

This is getting submitted to Festive Friday for the above challenge. For this challenge, I used watercolor and stitching. I learned that doing running stitch is much easier than backstitch for paper. My corners have the pastel rainbows. Wait, there is a reason for the rainbows. We saw one both driving down and coming back up. I didn't feel like retyping above to add that in. I also had the inspirational sentiment with the quote. It makes me think of our relationship together and how we feel like we have everything because we both work to make this work.
I am also submitting this to Sketches in Thyme. It was fun doing this and learning to make tags. I know that I went off from it, but this was the inspiration. The splatters on there were the big reason why I went to the watercolors. It was fun doing this. I had the girls help me on it more as a second and third opinion on options. 
So, comments are appreciated. Remember, not all layouts I put are with challenges. Go check out more if you are curious. Who knows where I will experiment next. If you have suggestions, let me know.  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent choice of colors: these photos were not easy to use. And the rainbow gives a touch of light to all the work. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.