Monday, January 20, 2020

Spring Fling

Another week with a Monday off for the girls. The weekend had the youngest continually bringing up the Schlieffen plan question from school. Finally got my boyfriend to discuss it with her and all was good. Plus, the oldest and youngest had a Minecraft day. The joys of snowy weekends and nobody enjoying snow. Sleeping late and staying up because of it can be quite interesting. Especially with us playing card games at night and getting noisy. But it makes for good pictures for general layouts and weekly journal entry. Have I mentioned that we have dark senses of humour at times?
Another thing about this weekend was me doing layouts for pictures and such. So, I currently have three layouts with no pictures on them. Plus, I found a paper pad that I seriously regret buying. I got it at the beginning on clearance and thought it would work. It was for planners really, but I figured wrong that it would be easy for me to use. So, I'm trying very hard to figure any way to use it. I've done coloring on one page, cut quite a few hectagons and shapes, and broken down pages to individual elements. I still have so many pages left though. I don't seem to complain about the other pads, but this one will be a challenge. Lesson learned though. Clearance is not always worth the cost.


So, remember last post where I mentioned having more layouts finished? Well, here is another that is for a challenge. It's another from the photo album. This is a general set of seniors, including me, of the band's last concert. This concert actually had set times of the entire music program, from fifth grade band and choir all the way to high school. It was given a theme (Cinemagic that year) and either you bought the tee to wear or you were to wear a similar shade one. It was the only concert where we all were allowed to wear jeans. Each senior got a trophy and certificate, along with a corsage to wear for the concert. We performed it in the high school gym (dances were not allowed in the high school gym but concerts were) which is now the community center. My kids knew of it as either the middle school or elementary school gym, depending on child. In a couple pictures, you can see the sports announcer booth and the painting of the old mascot. I told them about them. The youngest only remembered being told not to climb on it because it was old and falling apart so they could get hurt. She always referred to it as the elementary gym. They also were surprised to learn some of the schools we were in the same conference with in sports that they never played against. Of course, the conference is different and have different schools.

So, this is the right page. This actually had five photos. The middle photo is the one cut and placed vertically. I did remove a bit to make it as smooth of flow as possible. I also tried to include as few of the non seniors as possible in there. I used blue glitter stickers for the title that I got from Walmart. The music stickers also came from Walmart. The border paper was out of my Brewtiful Days pad. I used the blue and purple watercolors for splatter on the pages. The journaling I did on Draw and used a very light grey for the print. The purple background was because the school colors then were purple and white. By the time the kids went to school there, they changed it to purple, black, and grey. Please note, we all had regular waisted jeans back then, not low ones at all. I miss jeans having a comfortable waist area, even though I always had the back gap when sitting. Stupid hips requiring larger size than waist.


On the left side, we have more of the photos, but I did trim all of these. You can probably tell from how crooked I cut. I used the banners from two of the photos under the one image. Can we greatly appreciate that the image of me got the glare for those here to see? I scattered more of the music stickers on this page. I made sure to put the bass clefs by the guys who actually played instruments using the clef (trombonist and tuba) and I played clarinet. The other two were the percussionists. I added more of the watercolor splatter around these images. I wish there had been some flat signs, but the sharps worked fine.


I'm once again submitting to Stick It Down. I am glad I was able to use this sketch to get so many of the photos from this event on one layout. I do still have a couple left, but they all work for a story to tell within the event. It was even fun getting me to change the photos to fit the setup for the layout. I should add that there was a lot of dead space in those photos and everything was landscape, due to the camera used. I'm sure my family had no interest in turning the camera to take portrait style.
I'm getting pretty far along in going through this book. I have a couple pictures that it is so hard to see people in, so I may have to make notes on those just so that future family members will know who they are. Maybe I will even put an appendix(?) page listing each person in layouts. Advice is greatly appreciated on this. Especially since I JUST THIS WEEK figured out who the person on the roof was. Not me, but a certain exchange student. We don't need to be questioning that again in the future.

5 comments:

  1. Great job using so many photos up! Glad you joined us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use the sketch to include many photos. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down, come again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the sketch to suit your purposes! Double page layouts are great to document events with lots of photos! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout! I love that you were able to fit so many photos! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLing at the jeans dilemma. Isn't that the truth!?

    Thanks for playing along with us at SID:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Glad you came. Have a good day.